For streusel topping:
All purpose flour – 1/3 cup (45 gr)
Granulated white sugar – 1/3 cup (65 gr)
Ground cinnamon – 1/2 ts
Cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces – 1/4 cup (56 gr)
For cake batter:
All purpose flour – 1 cup (140 gr)
Baking powder – 1 ts
Salt – 1/8 ts
Unsalted butter, room temperature – 1/4 cup (56gr) (4 tbs)
Granulated white sugar – 1/2 cup (100 gr)
1 large egg
Pure vanilla extract – 1/2 ts
Milk – 1/3 cup (80ml)
Berries – 2 cups
– Preheat oven to 177 degrees C. Prepare a 20 cm spring form pan. Set aside.
– To make streusel topping: mix together the flour + sugar + ground cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside while you make the cake batter.
– In a separate bowl whisk together the flour + baking powder + salt. Set aside.
– In a large bowl, cream the butter using an electric mixer or hand mixer. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
– Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
– Add the flour mixture, alternately with the milk, and beat only until combined.
– Spread the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan, smoothing the top with an offset spatula.
– Evenly arrange the berries on top of the cake batter and then sprinkle with the streusel topping.
– Bake for about 45 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
– Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 8 – 10 servings.