Butter – 110gr plus 2 tablespoons (about 30gr)
Granulated sugar – 100gr
2 large eggs
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
All-purpose flour – 160gr
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Plain low-fat yogurt – 120-130gr
Strawberries – 1 cup
Light brown sugar – 90gr
Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
Walnuts – 1 cup – chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream 110gr butter with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into butter mixture.
4. Add yogurt and mix. Gently stir in strawberries.
5. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts.
Pour half the cake batter into a (buttered and floured) baking pan.
Sprinkle with half the brown sugar mixture.
Add another layer of the remaining batter.
4. Combine the remaining brown sugar mixture with 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle over the top of the batter.
Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
– Remember to use plain yogurt, or u’re gonna end up w an oversweet cake. If u prefer to use sweetened n flavoured yogurt, try reducing the amount of sugar, both granulate n light brown, according to ur taste.
– Only cut the cake when cooled down a bit, dont be over-eager like me 😛 or ur piece of cake’s gonna look like one in the picture above 😛