I hate carrots. Really.
Unless they’re cooked 😛
Onion – 1 medium – chopped into very small pieces
Carrot – about 5-6 medium – chopped
Garlic – 2-3 cloves – chopped
Milk – 400-550ml
Water or chicken stock – about 200ml
Sugar, Salt to taste
– Heat the pan n oil. Throw in the chopped onion, stir until light-browned
– Add in chopped carrots n garlic, 1/2 teaspoon sugar n salt to taste, mix everything thoroughly.
– Add in water/chicken stock, just enough to cover the mixture. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 15 mins. Leave to cool a bit
– Puree the carrot mixture using a food proccessor or a blender until smooth
– Pour the puree mixture back to the pan, turn on the heat n add milk until the soup reaches the consistency u prefer, keep stirring while heating. When the soup reachs its boil again, it’s done. Season the soup again if needed.
– I often use 0% or 1.5% fat milk (non fat or semi-skimmed) –> the soup is very balance. If u use whole fat milk (3 or 3.5% fat), u may find the soup too “fat” or milky. If using whole fat milk, u can add more water/chicken stock and less milk after the puree step.
– This can be eaten alone, or mixed with porridge 😀 I know it sounds wierd, but it’s definitely tasty, for granted !!!!