Zucchini, or courgette, has been more n more popular in Asian dishes nowadays. I only knew about this vegie when I came here, and now that’s already one of my favourites :X Zucchini is a very versatile ingredients. U can eat them raw (salad), boiled (several kinds of soups), stir-fried (like other Asian dishes), baked (casserole), you name it! The list can just go on n on 😉 Here I’m gonna show you a simple (of course :D) recipe using zucchini together w cheese.
Zucchini 1 large (about half a kilo)
Garlic 1tbsp – minced
Breadcrumbs ½ – ¾ cup
Cheese ½ cup – grated (any salty types – can use several mixed together)
Salt, black pepper, Oil
– Wash zucchini – do not cut off the 2 ends. Keep them!!! U should not cut n throw away the 2 ends of the zucchini cause that would make it a lot more easier grating the vegie.
– Shred zucchini and squeeze away its liquid using a towel.
– Mix all ingredients together. Taste – It’s ok to taste, dont’ worry, I did that, twice 😀
– Heat the pan. Add oil. Drop big spoon of zucchini batter into the pan , flatten a bit. After 1-2 minutes, turn the cakes over. Overall about 2-3 minutes each.
<Use the kitchen paper to get rid of the extra oil/fat>
* This can be eaten with any kind of dipping preferred. I ate them with sweet and sour sauce. I actually doubled the recipe and made about 26 “cakes”, which served absolutely enough as appetizer for a bunch of 10 people.