…were the last “kitchen-work” of Friday night 🙂 It’d been such a long long time since I last baked muffin. And for chocolate muffins to be more accurate, it must have been more than 1 year I hadn’t made any at all 😀 😛
Cocoa powder- 50g
Egg – 2
Caster sugar- 225g
Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
Self-raising flour- 50g
White chocolate chips -50g
– Preheat the oven to 180C
– Melt the butter, then add the cocoa powder, stir well to get a smooth mixture
– Beat the eggs (in a large bowl), add the sugar and mix until smooth and aerated.
– Stir in the cocoa mixture, white choc chunks, vanilla extract and mix well.
– Add the flour and mix gently with a spoon, be careful not to overmix.
– Pour the mixture into muffin pan/cups and bake for about 25mins, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.When done the muffin should be crisp on top and soft in the middle.
Crispy top …
…and soft inside :X
– The recipe I just typed here is the original one. I actually modified it a bit cause I didn’t have enough ingredients: I only had 25gr of cocoa powder left, so I substitute the other 25gr with flour. I also used 50gr of all-purpose flour together with 1 ts of baking powder instead of the self-raising flour. For the sugar, I used only 190gr. I usually use less than the amount of sugar required in the recipe, cause I dont want my baked goods too sweet. And, last but not least 😀 I had no white chocolate in hand.
So basically my muffins did not have enough cocoa powder and no white chocolate, which make them less strong in the cocoa taste and at the same time less sweet. In the end the baked goods still taste so nice and “balanced” 😀