My roomie came up with this recipe (well, she found it :D) and this time I’m only her assistance 🙂
Quick oats – 3 cups
Eggs – 2
Butter – 1 cup (room temperature)
All-purpose flour – 1 1/2 cups
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
Brown sugar – 1 cup (packed)
Vanilla – 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
Dates – 2 8-ounce packages (chopped)- this actually depends on your taste/preference
– Preheat the oven to 175C
– Cream together the butter and 2 types of sugar until light and fluffy
– Add in eggs and vanilla, combine well.
– Add the flour, baking soda and cinnamon, combine well.
– Add the dates and quick oats, mix together.
– Use a teaspoon to drop the mix onto ur cookie sheet.
– Bake in the oven for about 11-12 minutes (or until golden brown).
Let’s take a bite !!!
– The recipe makes 48 small cookies, or 24 big ones. If u want to bake huge cookies (24 I mean), it may take longer, about 14-15 minutes. However, it’s better to make smaller cookies, as it will make sure u’re gonna have thin (not too thin) and crispy oatmeal cookies and I think they taste better. Sometimes when the cookies are too thick, they feel like not completely cooked and u can still feel the smell of egg inside.